photo LIFE_zps10479037.png  photo about_zps9e9062d8.png  photo FASHION_zpsbf414c46.png  photo BEAUTY_zps6bed5103.png  photo home_zpsf0f73a48.png  photo CONTACT_zpse86a2f0b.png

Sunday 21 July 2013

DIY Floral Envelope Cushion|| Makeover Sunday's..

floral, cushion, diy, budget, home, bedroom, decor

So I have literally been decorating my room for the last 5 weeks, and yes I'm still living out of my suitcase, since I returned from university. It's been such a long process, I though it would be as simple as painting some walls. Little did I know the horrors hidden beneath my yellow Victorian wallpaper.

Having never decorated before I thought it would be so easy to find bedroom decor on a budget. I was sadly mistaken when I found the price for a nice fluffy cushion was in the range on £10 to £20. ( now that is daylight robbery).

Being a student and knowing the value of money (after living off tinned beans for a week), I decided to be savvy and attempt my own cushion cover from bits lying around my house.
Here is how I got on:
                                                

I have to admit I didn't end up measuring anything as it was becoming so frustrating and I hate numbers. So I literally just wrapped my cushion with the material, leaving 2 inches around the edges for sewing. Then I just sewed away, and for a lot of guess work it turned out pretty cute.
I ended up doing an envelope cushion, so I'm able to change the covers all year round. If you would like a more detailed review there are lots of tutorials on YouTube.

So here you have it, an ultra cute, floral (vintage) cushion. I think it adds a really warm feel to my simple minimalistic, white and black room. I'm currently using mine for my dressing chair, but I'll be making more to jazz up my bed. This literally cost me £2 which was the price of the material ( enough to make 4 cushions). Remember to check out your local fabric shops for fun patterns or even use some old bed sheets.

 I'm going to be doing a DIY post every Sunday, hence the name Makeover Sundays :)

If you try this DIY tip, then please let me know how it turned out. Happy sewing!!


6 comments:

  1. loved this post ive been wanting to get a sweing machine for a while now loving the pattern of the pillow

    http://marymariescloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great DIY post..
    Love your nail colour too
    http://stylesfrillsandheels.blogspot.co.uk/
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the BEST way to make a slip cover! I use this method for pillows, as well! It's such a great way to spruce things up simply and easily! I followed you with GFC, Twitter, Instagram, and Blog Lovin. Hope you can follow back!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too cute x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks nice, more diy's?
    http://exitwonds.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The print on this cushion is so cute! This is such a good DIY for those on student budgets

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...